"...only God can truly make America great again."
The liberal agenda has been taking its toll on America for decades. Now in the wake of the recent election, the liberal left has been exposing the venom of hate and violence that is underneath the veneer of their so-called toleration. Through all this exposure, the anti-God and anti-Bible sentiment has become clearer.
As a country, we are in a mercy moment. We have a president and vice-president who mention God more than any administration in my memory. From the public prayer rallies held at state capitols to the heart-cries of many individuals in their own private settings, the living God answered the prayers of God’s people.
But it is perhaps more important to pray now than ever before. God uses people—He always has, and He is, but only God can truly make America great again. We need help from Heaven! Thursday, May 4 is the next “National Day of Prayer.” It is vital that God’s people continue to implore the God of Heaven for both the spiritual impetus of a Great Awakening to bring multitudes into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ and the supernatural intervention needed in the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of government to uphold that which would makes us a nation that honors God.
In Bible times Sennacherib, the king of Assyria, threatened Hezekiah, the king of Judah. Hezekiah, faced with a national crisis, prayed to the one true God for divine deliverance. God sent word to Hezekiah through Isaiah the prophet saying that because he had prayed, God had heard (2 Kings 19:20). Then God pronounced sjudgment against Sennacherib stating that his defiance against God had come to His ears (2 Kings 19:22-28). How did that happen? Through Hezekiah’s prayer! God then delivered the nation of Judah by miraculously wiping out the Assyrian army (2 Kings 19:35).
It is time for God’s people to pray—to bring burdens, even national burdens, to God’s ears. God knows all, but in His sovereignty His plan is for us to cry out to Him—to trust in Him for divine deliverance. The enemies of God and righteousness threaten to destroy all that is wholesome and right in our land. But God is still the God who delivers.
Some believers may wonder if they should ever pray with believers of other “stripes.” They wonder if coming into “one accord” would be compromise. But a prayer meeting for revival and awakening properly understood is not compromise. It is not a matter of coming into one accord in every doctrine and practice. I doubt if that would be true within many individual churches. It is a matter of coming into one accord as to an agreement of need and an agreement that God alone is the answer to that need.
This Thursday, will you join in the National Day of Prayer—however you are able as the Lord leads you? Our nation is in great need—and God alone is the answer to our need.
Here are eight ways we can pray:
Spiritually (2 Chronicles 7:14)
1. For another Great Awakening through the outpouring of God’s Spirit that will both revive the saints and awaken multitudes to trust in Jesus Christ.
2. For preachers to live and preach with the anointing of God.
3. For saints and churches to be clothed with power from on high.
4. For God’s people to so walk in the Spirit that the beauty of God’s holiness is seen.
Governmentally (1 Timothy 2:1-4)
5. For all our governmental leaders to know the Lord personally, along with their families (grateful for those who already do).
6. For God to bestow wisdom, discernment, courage, and endurance to President Trump, Vice-President Pence, and their team.
7. For the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of government to uphold that which would make us a nation that honors God.
8. Against the powers of darkness targeting President Trump and all our leaders who are seeking to do right.
John Van Gelderen
About This Blog
Hello, I’m John Van Gelderen. I am an evangelist and the president of Revival Focus Ministries, an organization for the cause of revival in hearts, homes, churches, and beyond, and for evangelizing. This blog is focused on experiencing Jesus. I believe in order to really live, you must access and experience the very life of Jesus Christ.